Getting Help

If you have any difficulties, at home or at university, that are affecting your studies there are a variety of people that you can talk to for advice. Please use these resources as soon as you become aware of a problem, it can be quite difficult to catch up with your studies if you fall behind.

If you have a problem with a specific class then the first person you should speak to is the class lecturer. You can either approach the lecturer after a lecture or you should find that most respond quickly to an email. Computer Science Lecturers

If the problem is not resolved by speaking to the class lecturer or it is a more general academic problem, such as a timetabling issue, you should speak to your Adviser of Study or the Head of Undergraduate Teaching, Murray Wood.

If you are having personal problems that are affecting your academic work then you should speak to your counsellor/PDA. If you wish to contact your counsellor, just send them an email. You can find your counsellor’s name and email address on your Pegasus curriculum record. If you have any problems contacting your counsellor please contact Murray Wood.

The University has published its Academic Policies & Procedures. This contains clear guidelines of what information should be lodged where and when if there are circumstances which are having a detrimental impact on your studies and which you wish to be considered by the examination board or appeals committee.

The University provides a wide range of professional support on Health, Counselling, Finance, Disability, Study Skills, Careers etc. Please see this page for links to all these services: Strathclyde Student Support Services

Departmental Disability Contact: Julie Sobocinski.