|Contact||Lectures: 12 | Tutorials: 0 | Labs: 6
Assignments: 40 | Self study: 42
|Assessment||One individual assignment which will require the student to write a research proposal in anticipation of undertaking the MSc dissertation.|
|Lecturer||Professor Ian Ruthven|
This module aims to:
- provide students with an understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research processes and associated techniques, including the effective presentation of findings in accordance with the best principles of scholarship.
On completion of this module, students will:
- appreciate the nature and application of selected statistical methods;
- appreciate the range of qualitative research methods;
- be able to write a research proposal;
- be able to develop a research methodology for a given research problem.
- Statistical methods
- Data interpretation and presentation
- Preparing a project proposal
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods
* This list is indicative only – the class lecturer may recommend alternative reading material. Please do not purchase any of the reading material listed below until you have confirmed with the class lecturer that it will be used for this class.