|Availability||Semesters 1 and 2|
|Contact||Lectures: 0 | Tutorials: 12 | Labs: 0
Assignments: 388 | Self study: 0
|Assessment||By project report. Students will also be expected to give a demonstration of their work.|
|Lecturer||Dr Rosanne English|
Aims and Objectives
To enable the student to demonstrate practical and documentary competence.
On completion of the class, a student should be able to have demonstrated ability:
- to pull together ideas from one or more of the classes they have undertaken
- to build on material acquired throughout the degree course
- to undertake independent studying, reading, writing and working
- to display a disciplined approach to good practices in the general area of the degree course
- to determine and successfully work to a timetable
- to tackle successfully a substantial engineering problem
Honours and MEng projects are substantial pieces of practical work; they may draw on any aspect of the degree course, or more widely. Topics will be suggested by and supervised by individual members of the Department’s staff.
For current year and background information, see material via MyPlace.
* This list is indicative only – the class lecturer may recommend alternative reading material. Please do not purchase any of the reading material listed below until you have confirmed with the class lecturer that it will be used for this class.