|Contact||Lectures: 22 | Tutorials: 11 | Labs: 0
Assignments: 80 | Self study: 87
|Assessment||One individual assignment and one group assignment each worth 50%.|
|Lecturer||Dr Rebekah Willson|
This module aims to:
- provide students with an understanding of the various library models and sectors.
- introduce students to the range of services offered across the various library and information sectors, along with the challenges experienced.
- provide an understanding of the role of libraries and information services within society.
On completion of this module, students will:
- understand the role of the different library sectors in providing services to their user communities;
- understand the nature and differences in services provided by various libraries;
- understand the role of information and digital literacy and how to provide instruction in these areas;
- understand a range of issues concerning the various library sectors.
- Library sectors and models
- Issues and services in library sectors
- Marketing information services
- Information and digital literacy
- The professional librarian
- The information society
* This list is indicative only – the class lecturer may recommend alternative reading material. Please do not purchase any of the reading material listed below until you have confirmed with the class lecturer that it will be used for this class.