|Contact||Lectures: 11 (2 hours) | Tutorials: 0 | Labs: 0
Assignments: 42 | Self study: 46
|Assessment||Individual assignment (50%) and exam (50%).|
This module aims to:
- provide students with an understanding of the legal and regulatory issues facing information and computing professionals.
On completion of the module students will:
- Understand the laws relating to the delivery of information services;
- Be aware of the implication for society of the various legal issues related to information and computing work;
- Understand the legal framework in which criminal investigations involving digital evidence are carried out.
- Data protection
- Copyright and intellectual property
- Freedom of information
- Legislation governing the gathering and use of digital evidence
- The law and cryptography
- Trans-jurisdictional issues
* This list is indicative only – the class lecturer may recommend alternative reading material. Please do not purchase any of the reading material listed below until you have confirmed with the class lecturer that it will be used for this class.